The Improv Embassy is very excited to announce that after four outstanding years of showcasing the best local, national, and international improv talent to Ottawa audiences, we are looking for applications for the position of Festival Director to provide an artistic vision and oversee OIF 2020! Submissions can come from an individual or a two-person team, and should include your experience, vision for the festival, and proposed budget. The position will be compensated with an honorarium.
Broadly, the role of the Festival Director includes, but is not limited, to:
- Ensuring the smooth and successful organization of 2020 OIF;
- Organizing and overseeing the teams of volunteers to look after sponsorship, promotion/ publicity, programming and event logistics.
- Monitoring team activity to ensure key actions are taken;
- Making financial decisions, in consultation with the Improv Embassy board of directors, to keep the Festival within budget;
- Leading programming decisions, which includes recruiting headliners;
- Arranging workshops for headliners;
- Keeping the Improv Embassy Board of Directors informed of festival developments, including approval for major expenses such as travel.
- Overseeing liaison with the venue(s);
- Overseeing the festival weekend on Feb. 26 to 29, 2020.
Experience in festival planning, production, or management is an asset. The successful candidate will need to be detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills, and is able to troubleshoot and work under pressure.
Submission deadline is Sept. 15, 2019, and all submissions and/or questions should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information regarding past festivals can be made available upon request.
Help us make OIF 2020 the best one yet!!